We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and online visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
a. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
b. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or ordering from us;
c. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
d. any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website.
We follow some key principles when it comes to data privacy. The principles support and complement other standards such as ISOs, and the requirements of Data Protection legislation. They are:
- We will ensure that all personal data is collected with customers' consent.
- We will not use personal data for any purpose other than that for which consent was given, respecting customers' wishes about the use of their data.
- We will make sure that customers have access to their personal data that we hold, and that we tell them how we use it.
- We will protect personal data and keep it secure and confidential.
- We will ensure staff understand that personal data is just that – personal – and ensure that it is treated with respect.
- We will ensure that the vulnerable and under-age are properly protected by the processes we use for data collection.
- We will manage our data supply chain to the same ethical standards we expect from other suppliers.
- We will ensure that ethical best practice in personal data is integral to our procurement process.
- We will ensure that all staff who have access to personal data are properly trained in its use.